Friday 16 September 2022

 HOUSE OF LOST VINTAGE


My name is Anne Gleeson and I live with my husband of 52 years in beautiful Lake Macquarie.  We are the parents of 3 daughters and a son.  We have 8 grandchildren and 2 great grandchildren.  My husband and I are both retirees and enjoy life at home on our two acres of paradise. 

 

I enjoy writing and have recorded lots of stories about my own life. During the pandemic “stay at home”  I commenced writing the stories of my ancestors.   I recently attended some sessions which were part of the History Illuminated program  by Lake Macquarie Council.  In session facilitated by Jill Ball – GeniAus (http://geniaus.blogspot.com) - on blogging my plan to start this new blog was born.  


I have chosen the name the House of Lost Vintage because my husband jokingly referred to our house on day the Vintage House. Over the last 20 years I have collected a large array of items connected to women’s social history and the lost arts in which our female ancestors participated with such a high degree of skill.


Through the blog I will be sharing Family History stories and events, childhood memories, information about pieces in my collection and stories about life events.  


Cheers

Anne


No comments:

Post a Comment